2023 10K Results
2023 5K Results
2023 Series Results
Lilyan Wright Trail Fun Run:
- Date: Saturday Sept. 14, 2024
- Description: A scenic run around the lake also known by locals as "Goshen Ocean."
- Enjoy Lake Gunnison with both races utilizing the 3 mile trail around the lake. The longer trail running race earns series points towards the Western NH Trail Running Series standings.
- Start / Finish: At end Gunnison Lake Road, Goshen, NH
- Start Time: 9:00 am
- Distances: 3 Miles & 5.7 Miles
- Awards to top 3 in each age group.
- There will also be Swag & a Raffle.
- Race Contact:
- Olive G. Pettis Library Trustees
- Walkers are welcome!
- Dogs: Well behaved dogs/ leashed dogs are allowed at the venue, but will not be allowed on the course during the event
- Food: There will be food for sale/donation at the race site.
- Vendors/Local conservation & environmental groups are invited to set up information tables at the race.
About Lilyan Wright:
Dr. Lilyan Boyd Wright of Goshen, New Hampshire lived an active life filled with adventure, sports, travel, and local community engagement. Lilyan served as the Dean for the College of Physical Education at the College of New Jersey. She also served as the Woman’s Athletic Director. Lilyan’s accomplishments include being inducted into Temple University and The College of New Jersey Hall of Fame. She was also honored by the Newport Area Chamber of Commerce in 2016 as its “Distinguished Citizen of the Year” at the age of 95. An avid and accomplished athlete, Lilyan’s passion for Field Hockey was a lifetime endeavor and her advocacy of women’s rights in education and athletics championing Title IX and related equal opportunity issues was never ending. After retiring, Lilyan spent her remaining years teaching, coaching and refereeing boys and girls field hockey across the country. Her dedication and love of the sport of field hockey led to the New Hampshire Association for Health, Physical Education and Recreation (NHAHPERD) creating a Lilyan B. Wright Service Award recognizing an individual or organization making a significant contribution to NHAHPERD. Originally from Langhorne, Pennsylvania, Lilyan and husband Richard moved to Goshen and adopted Goshen as their hometown where she served on the Church of the Epiphany vestry as well as a Goshen Library Trustee. Lilyan remained active throughout her life in athletics and in addition to field hockey, she enjoyed hiking, alpine and cross-country skiing, tennis, sailing, running and especially teaching aerobics to "Lilyan's Limber Ladies" at the Newport Recreation Center, among a myriad of other physical activities well into her mid-90's. Lilyan died November 14, 2017.